Tuesday, March 18, 2008

...cooking?



Okay. So for many years now I have been able to avoid cooking on a pretty regular basis. Thankfully, Steven is an exceptional cook and I have been able to get by on the premise of..."he's the cook, I'm the cleaner!" Lately, Steven's schedule has required him to work a bit more in the evenings and it's really not fair to expect him to come home and immediately start cooking for the women in his life...he does so many other things already as member of this family. So, it forced me to examine why I never liked cooking or really wanted to learn. Sure...I have always had visions of my husband coming home after a hard day at the office to find his perfectly prepared gourmet dinner being served...the family sits down and raves about the meal while I coyly bat my eyelashes and reply..."Really, it was nothing." Well, this is so not the case in our house. I pull out a pan and the girls start running the other direction screaming (okay...slight exaggeration...but not by much). But at least now I'm willing to try and I'm enjoying it a bit more...sort of. Okay, I have a huge confession. Steven just found this new place up the street (only five minutes from the house) that has meals frozen and ready to go!!! All that is required is an ability to read (I can do that!) and some skills with timing (I'm a teacher...timing is my life!). I can't believe the difference a hot cooked meal means to my guy! So, it's not gourmet but I'm working on it!!!