Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Weekend 2008




Yesterday was an exciting day. Alissa and I both took the morning off to pack for a long weekend v-ball tournament in Atlanta. Steven rushed home from work to drive us to the airport and after fighting traffic on I-75 dropped us curbside. After bidding our goodbyes, it felt so strange to watch him drive away. We successfully checked our bag, located our gate and waited for our turn to board. As our flight boarded, I felt a tingle of excitement and anticipation. I felt so independent and worldly as we embarked on this adventure together. Although we are going to be away from Steven and Kinsey for Easter (I know, I know...it totally sucks and we are both very sad about it!) we will make the best of it. At Alissa's request I have made sure the Easter bunny will be visiting our hotel room and we will have an Easter egg hunt...it won't be exactly the same as years past but it will be a memory the two of us will always share! Again, although I will miss both Kinsey and Steven dearly this time alone with my eldest is priceless. The conversations and laughter we share during these precious moments are amazing. I so admire her creativity, wit and insights about our world. I am so proud to be her mother. Easter will be different but still very, very special.