Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just do it!

Dragging myself out of my cozy bed this morning was pure torture. The quiet of the house was so welcoming, begging me to return to my slumber. But, the puppy was whining to be released from her doggie prison forcing me to stay up. Yet, after letting the pups out for their morning business, I still wasn't convinced that it was the best morning for a ride...it was pretty darned humid and the wind was picking up. At that moment I heard a little whisper encouraging me to just go...jump in the saddle for just a few miles. So, I listened. And like every single time that I climb on that darned bike, I am in heaven. Thirty-five miles later I felt emotionally recharged, happily fatigued and ready to really face the day!


"Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world." ~Grant Petersen

"Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia." ~H.G. Wells

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." ~Ernest Hemingway

"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs

"The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets." ~Christopher Morley