Friday, October 9, 2009

Enjoying the View


I really love the view. The way that when I'm sitting on my couch, tilted just so, I see nothing but palms fronds and the sparkling water of the fountain...how at that moment the rooftops around me just melt away.

I really love the view. The way I'm able to witness the sun dropping just behind the treetops when the clouds are extra heavy...painting a picture that takes my breath away every single night I'm lucky enough to catch it. And these random thoughts set my mind to thinking.



I really love the view. The way in which my tender-hearted girl wears her heart on her sleeve...never afraid to express her love for family openly for all to see. And the way in which my blue-eyed beauty continues to blossom before my very eyes...no longer the gangly and giggly goofball. This emerging young woman who is figuring out how to make her way in this world has somehow taken hold.

To state that I love the view seems so basic and simple. But I do.