Saturday, October 31, 2009

Senior Night






Whew! It's over...after countless hours spent chasing down teen girls for their quotes...after sleepless nights spent fretting over the details (the presents, the program, the dinner, the posters, the decorations)...after many minor meldowns, too many trips to Target to count and a few tears too...it's done. And I learned a few things about myself along the way.

First and foremost, I don't delegate well. But, I love to volunteer my time and talents for others. Second, I am a perfectionist and I have ridiculous expectations for myself. But, I love spending time with teens...because they really do notice when you put forth the extra effort.






And I'm thrilled to report that Senior Night was a huge hit...in fact, it exceeeded my type A expectations. And, looking back, I would do it all over again...exactly the same way.

(By the way, that's Alissa's boyfriend on the left!)