Friday, November 27, 2009

PEOPLE SUCK...some of the time

Steven says it all the time. It might sound jaded and harsh and negative...but he may have a point...especially since his job consists of listening to all of the stupid decisions, hurtful acts and misguided efforts humans impose upon one another...like people who cheat...repeatedly...and learn nothing from their selfish choices, until they are faced with divorce and the fear of losing it all...or when parents screw up their children by hurting them over and over again...both with and without intent, leaving them lonely and filled with despair because their own flesh and blood has grown up and moved on without ever looking back.

And while our choices certainly do affect not only ourselves, but those that we profess to love, I pray that the relationships I am building with my husband and girls are going to last...because they call me out when I make mistakes and forgive me for my faults...not simply because we share genetics. And while we may all suck a whole heck of a lot from time to time, I'm convinced that if we recognize that suckiness for what it is...the flaw of being human...and strive to reduce our tendency towards it whenever possible with the help of true friends, family and faith...we can keep the suck factor to a minimum!