Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Heart will always be Home


Returning home always brings a huge smile to my face...whether it's after a much anticipated vacation, a busy day at work, or simply after treking the dogs around the lake...because I love my home. And walking inside the comforting walls we have built around our lives together, I always feel a calm here. I know that I belong here, will be accepted here and can always be myself here...and he's one huge part of the reason I feel such acceptance. Although there are times when his rough and gruff exterior have scared away many a teenaged boy...I know the marshmallow man that lives just barely beneath the bristle...evidenced by the gift that was awaiting me following a quick little jaunt to Orlando. He loves me. And because of that love, I know how it feels to truly be home.