Friday, April 2, 2010

Times are a changin...

It seems like only a few blinks ago that my mischevious little monkey could be found tugging at my pant leg begging for my attention while I was going about the chores of my busy mom life...to play hide and seek or scooter around the block. Now, it is I that is tugging on her Hollister halter top yearning for her company as she runs out the door to meet her girlfriends...to discuss the cutest boy in the class or the most effective hair product to tame the frizz. And I miss her. For a time, I sulked. Then, I felt hurt. Finally, I took action. She's almost fourteen...and her friends are an important part of her now world...but I know she's going to need me forever. And I will be there for her, without judgements and with open arms. And I need to remind her of my committment to her by making moments for just us...and really relishing the time together.