Thursday, July 22, 2010

Perspectives...






“Never write about a place until you're away from it, because that gives you perspective.” ~Ernest Hemingway

If you've ever read Hemingway you are bound to be pulled in by his concise, succinct prose...and marvel at the perspective that is offered from its utter simplicity. Implications, impressions, and viewpoints are made between the words...not from the words themselves...and that type of talent enthralls me. There's no flowery phrasing yet passion and romance still seeps through...and each time I reread his words I always discover something new.

I'm still not clear whether that's my perspective or his...but it doesn't matter...I'll take it.

Forgetting about these photos and then discovering them weeks after our return...one of our few getaways that we shared as a family of four...at the time I was just ecstatic to leave the chaos of the cottage...but now I look back fondly on the craziness that ensued both prior to and after this perfect little picnic...he's right, isn't he?