Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Human Family


The southernmost tip of Florida is a place unlike any other. It's a place where three-piece suits and designer wear are shed for broken-in sandals and baggy tees. And I love it...everything about it.

We haven't taken the girls there since they were little and we limited our visit to the Conch Train Tour...and although the historian in me loved the rehearsed monologue and safety those seats offered my little girls...they're grown wiser, more adventurous and capable of witnessing this wacky little world with intelligent eyes.

But I must say...spending time together while touring around on scooters was a highlight of our weekend... because it's a place where love is love and nature abounds in the form of gorgeous sunsets and runaway roosters. But above all else, the abundant acceptance and tolerance all around help me to remember we are truly one human family.