Tuesday, June 24, 2008

an explanation

Just prior to leaving town for our summer vacation I found myself in a quandary...which caused me to take a step back in order to better situate my thoughts.
Let me begin with this...I love blogging...absolutely love the way in which I’m able to express my innermost self and the manner is which my blog inspires me to create moments in time that I can’t wait to share with those closest to my heart. But most of all I utilize this medium to purge my soul...to unshackle my heart...to release my burdens...and I’ve lost sight of that.
I was becoming what I most dislike...I was attempting to seek validation in the worst way...I was disguising my truest self...and I needed to do something about it...before I didn’t recognize myself.
When I found myself rushing to my blog each day, not to share, inspire or create...but to be filled up...to seek reassurance that I’m okay...that I must be good enough...I found myself blogging without the same passion...felt that I was betraying myself somehow. I’m not sure if this will make sense to anyone...but I just needed to explain. In light of this, I will be removing the ability to comment...for a while at least...and responding to other blogs via a private email or through a personal note...but I will continue to blog my heart out...unfettered.