Sunday, August 24, 2008

Driving has PERKS!

I've always enjoyed taking drives. Maybe it's because I grew up in a tiny, rural town and long rides were part of small town living...the nearest mall was two and a half hours away...my orthodontist was forty-five minutes down the road...most of my summer jobs required thirty plus minutes behind the wheel. Or maybe it's because my dad always had a passion for cars...new and old...and I learned how to drive myself before I could fully reach the pedals.

Now that my own child is driving...I'm secretly thrilled. I watch her expressions closely as she scoots in behind the wheel, carefully adjusts her mirrors, and I'm filled with wonder each and every time...where is today's drive going to take us?



And there's definitely an added perk...I don't have to pump gas anymore!!!