Friday, August 1, 2008

Growing on Up!

“You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was."~Abraham Lincoln

It hit me hard today when I collected the mail. Amongst the junk mail, cable bill and local flyers was the Lands' End Kids catalog. And I realized...I will never, ever again order any type of clothing for my girls from such a publication. Just this summer my baby girl moved into women's sizes. She's now a double 0 on bottom and size XS on top! Gone are the days of visiting Gap Kids, Limited Too and the children's department at Target. The coordinated outfits I chose with such care for Christmas and Easter celebrations are only a distant memory now. And to add salt to my wounds, Kinsey has also surpassed my shoe size...she's an 8! I know that they must grow up and I take pride in the way in which Kinsey has embraced these inevitable changes, but I can't help but feel a little twinge.