Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Hiatus

"Bloggers, forgive me for I have sinned...it's been 22 days since my last posting." Almost one month. Over three weeks. I wish I could report that I was busy doing something incredibly exciting like cruising the Greek Isles or I was engaged in a meaningful endeavor such as building a home for Habitat for Humanity...but I cannot. Instead I have been exceedingly busy preparing for yet another school year...unpacking my classroom, shopping for last-minute school supplies, making certain that my girls have just the right back to school outfits. And I've loved every minute of my reprieve. Just days before I went back to school for our teacher week I was thrilled to have my mommy come to Naples for a four-day visit...forcing me to put aside my curriculum guides, new school clothes, and file folders. Here are just a few pictures chronicling the time spent together...eating Steven's tasty dinners, watching Kinsey and mom bond while baking cheesecake, enjoying the easy conversations and comfortable silences. Guess I'm not asking for forgiveness after all!