Saturday, September 13, 2008

On Shopping


I've never been a huge shopper. Now, don't get me wrong...I do love a great sale! Actually, I almost never buy anything for myself at full price anymore. But, in all honesty, I would prefer to just hit a store alone...pull a few things off the rack...quickly try things on...make sure they're not too snug...and head out with my sale items in tow!

But when I have my daughters with me...everything changes. I love, love, love shopping with them...chatting aimlessly, laughing for no obvious reason, just spending time together with no interruptions! Just last weekend the three of us spent the entire afternoon searching for the perfect homecoming dress. Alissa would try something on (everything looks amazing on her by the way!) and the two of us would weigh in with our opinions. After about fifty different dresses, we found the most incredible frock! I could care less that it wasn't on sale! Now, this past Saturday morning we were on the hunt for the perfect shoes (at 5'10" without shoes, she doesn't want to tower over ALL the boys) and accessories. We found some definite possibilities but will have to hit the mall again tomorrow to be certain! And although I have a killer cold right now, I'm looking forward to it!

“The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her.”~Marlene Cox