Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Surprises


I couldn't wait to arrive home today and shake off my Monday...I'm still in the throes of my first cold of the school year...I was tired and cranky from having to wait an extra hour for Alissa's practice to end...I forgot to charge my cell phone before leaving the house so my battery was about dead and I couldn't reach Steven...the list of petty complaints and grievances goes on and on.

But, after reaching the solace of my sanctuary, shedding my work clothes and quickly climbing into my jammies (even though it was only 6:45 p.m.)...I suddenly felt much better. Taking my relaxation one step further, I slipped into my fuzzy red robe with huge white polka-dots (thanks Laura!) and poured myself a tall glass of chocolate milk. After positioning myself on the sofa, I reached into the deep, fluffy pocket and discovered a one dollar bill! What a welcome...and needed surprise!

“Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us.”~Boris Pasternak