Saturday, January 24, 2009

No Title

Surrounding myself with people who are full of integrity, honesty and compassion has become a mission. There was a time, not so long ago, when I got off course...I think I must have misplaced my compass for a while. Now I am refocused because I realize how and with whom I spend my time is a responsibility to be taken seriously. If I am investing my precious time with others, outside of my immediate family, I must be certain that those people are, in fact, honorable. As the old saying suggests, "You are the company you keep." For a time, I questioned this saying...went against my better judgement...tried to go against my grain...and suffered for it. After a great deal of heartache along with a liberal dose of some internal name-calling, I'm back on track. A recent trip to the Saturday morning open market with just such people has helped to steer me back in the right direction.