Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I get it now.

While growing up I didn't understand it very much. Those Sunday afternoons when my father would demand we go for a drive...together. I would often sulk in the back seat...frustrated that I wasn't able to join my friends in whatever adventures were planned that day. But once we arrived at our destination...I always enjoyed myself. In fact, those memories of my Michigan years, when we were still a family of three, are truly little treasures I keep locked in my heart. I get it now.




Now that I am grown with daughters of my own, we have our own Sunday afternoons when Steven and I insist that we spend time...together. The girls frequently pout in the back seat...disgusted that they aren't able to join their buddies in whatever plans were made for the afternoon. But once we have landed at our destination...we always have a blast! These memories of our Florida years with our little family of four are so precious to me. Someday, I am certain, they will get it too.