Monday, November 22, 2010

Unanswered Questions


In recent days, I have found myself resting a good many tough questions at the Big Guy's feet.

Like...why does it always seem that the folks who are always putting forth their best seemingly suffer the most?

Or...How is it that people who ONLY put out good karma in this world constantly confront the biggest difficulties?

And...how do the same "salt of the earth" folks face these challenges with dignity, strength and a grace so pure and true?

And...why do the selfish little turds always seem to come out on top...unscathed and seemingly untouched by life?

So, I pray for answers. And I keep questioning. And I pray harder.

And I remember clearly, all too clearly, that life isn't fair. It just isn't and never will be and I'm even pretty sure it's not supposed to be. And maybe, just maybe, the cliche's ring true.