Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Good Girl


People who have pets will understand this post...especially those who have had that special animal enter their lives that forever changes everything. Montana was that pet for me. Although I have always had pets of one variety or another, none of them affected me quite like that silly black lab. Now that it's getting closer to the time when we will pack it up and head north I'm feeling her loss again....and I'm so sad that she won't be joining us this year. Boy, how she loved chasing the four-wheeler through the fields with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth and that labrador grin etched on her face. Knowing those were her happiest moments on earth I promised my sweet girl that I would one day take her back...and someday I will...but I'm still not ready yet. In the meantime, this little furry pipsqueak has unexpectedly joined our family. Although she will never take the place of my Montana, she seems to know that I am in need of her the most and, as a result, is my greatest fan. I can't help wondering if Tana girl had something to do with her arrival.