Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Windy Gap, Quiet Times and New Beginnings

Personally, I never went to summer camp. As an adult, I wish I would have had the chance. I'm not sure why it wasn't available to me as a youngster...maybe because I lived in the country where swimming and outdoor play consumed my summer days...and my parents never felt it was necessary. I'm really not sure...but none of my friends went away to summer camp either so it's not as if I felt slighted in any way at the time.

As city (okay...suburb)girls, my own children have been lucky enough to attend a summer camp or two. This summer Alissa and her YOUNG LIFE pals set off to North Carolina where she spent a week horseback riding, hiking, swimming, and mountain biking. But more importantly she answered some big questions. And I couldn't be happier for her.


"God enters by a private door into each individual." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
"God is the perfect poet." ~Robert Browning
"They say that God is everywhere, and yet we always think of Him as somewhat of a recluse." ~Emily Dickinson
"There is a God-shaped vacuum in every heart." ~Blaise Pascal