Thursday, July 9, 2009

Teetering


I'm still teetering at that edge of that awful precipice...the one where if you step over the ledge your life will be forever altered...in a terrible way that you never anticipated, wanted or would wish on anyone. Without going into the details (created from both my overactice imagination and a series of unfortunate events that did create the very real possibility), I thought I had lost him. Or that something monumentally awful had taken place and he was horribly hurt without me there to comfort or help him. Catching a glimpse of that horrifying abyss shook me. Because to simply say that he is the most magnificent father, my best friend in the entire universe and an amazing son feels like I'm not fully conveying all that he is to me and those in his life. So, I'm not going to dwell on those little things that make me want to scream (toenails on the coffee table for one) and remind myself of that empty, shaky feeling from two nights' past because it confirms how very lucky I really am.