Wednesday, July 1, 2009

a little bit of dinner, surprises and fishing!


I was warned...when she was only minutes old. "This one is going to be feisty!" And the delivery nurse's prophecy has been realized time and time again during her sixteen years on earth. Now, that feistiness has been channelled and transformed into a tenacity and drive that leaves me both speechless and proud. She holds a standard for others that is often difficult to attain and maintain, but, as a result, has developed friendships and relationships that are true and real.

So, for weeks on end I planned her birthday so it would be memorable yet meaningful, exciting and touching simultaneously...she tells me I succeeded. I sure hope so...because she is worth every anxiety-filled moment I spent planning, each painstaking keystoke struck in creating her oh so special photo book, and every confused message texted to her friends (try planning a bunch of surprises with 16 and 17 year olds who change their minds hourly!!).

Happy Sweet Sixteen baby girl! 658.

Crab Bisque, presents, best friends and phenomenal music at Tommy Bahamas.



A surprise fishing trip with her best buddies!