Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

I didn't take pictures of the Thanksgiving feast...the tender turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, or butter-soaked broccoli. Instead I chose to document those things that I was thankful for that day. Such as...

Visiting my dad's Salvation Army toy drive bins...reminding me to be thankful for the clothing on my back, the roof over my head and the food in my belly.


Noticing the way in which the Spanish moss wraps each central Florida tree with such a gentle touch reminding me to be thankful for all the beauty that fills our world.


Witnessing an alligator crossing the road while cruising around on the golf cart reminding me to be thankful for all of the surprises life brings me each and every day.

Catching a kaleidoscope of colors during sunset reminding me to be thankful for the manner in which each of my family members and their uniqueness enriches my experiences.


Feeling very, very thankful.