Saturday, November 15, 2008

I can (and will) wait!


Alissa and I had this discussion just yesterday...after a commercial had popped on the screen about the upcoming Christmas season and we are both in total agreement on this fact...DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS BEFORE THANKSGIVING IS NOT ALLOWED! In fact, she even said..."How can you receive gifts, or even prepare for the holiday if you haven't given thanks first?" AMEN baby girl!

Now, I don't believe I'm a Scrooge...but c'mon...give Thanksgiving its due! Enjoy the funky cornicopia, pull out those cute little Publix pilgrim salt and pepper shakers, and sit together on the couch watching the Macy's day parade...remembering all the while what you have to be thankful for.

I totally understand and relish the magic of Christmas...the decked-out tree filled with homemade ornaments adorned with Alissa and Kinsey's preschool pictures, cards with notes from familiy and friends far (and not so far) away, Larry's unbelievable from scratch pound cake and so much more. But, until Black Friday...I can wait.