Friday, April 4, 2008

Babysitting Bliss




The text read, "I trust you completely." For any parent to write those words to another individual who is caring for their most precious possession on earth...their child...is very humbling indeed. As a devoted mother of two incredible girls of my own, that is a sentiment that I take extremely seriously.

But it didn't stop there! This most amazing mom, went on to tell me "You have given me a gift in allowing me to leave her." What??? I gave her a gift...quite the contrary in my view. For just a few brief hours I was transported to those magical memories of when my own babies were just that...babies!



The gift of watching my youngest melt and gush over another sweet soul.
The gift of watching how this soft-hearted baby girl can make the most dour old man in the line at Comcast break into a huge grin.
The gift of feeling a sleeping baby succumb to sleep in my arms one more time.
The gift of making my bestest friend in the world spitting green with envy because, "You get to do all the fun stuff!"
The gift of making new memories with Lainey that I will treasure forever.



Thank you for my gift.