Sunday, April 27, 2008

pieces of my past

i may only have a few cherished items from my past...but the memories that each one evokes are numerous and i will continue to clutch each one of them closely to my heart.


a gorgeous glass vase gifted to my mother on one her last wedding anniversaries...a reminder of a time when we were just three...


my great-grandma bernice's rocking chair that lulled me to sleep in my own childhood nursery...steeped with mystery and legend as it was passed down from one generation to the next since the times of the civil war...


my mother's spode wedding china with the blue castle pattern...beautiful keepsakes that preserve chilly thanksgiving day dinners in a tiny northern michigan town...

“Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.”-Bob Dylan