Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I love my MTV!

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley

The greatest thing happened to me today! I was sitting in my room after work today in a very foul mood...just one of those funks I couldn't shake...when I stumbled upon MTV's show, "Crossroads" playing on the screen. Guess who was on?...Joss Stone (an absolute fav of mine...we even took Alissa to a concert in Ft. Lauderdale last year to see her...and stood six feet from her the whole time...I'm not even kidding!!!) and Leann Rimes. I was mesmerized and didn't even think about the fact that the two come from such different musical backgrounds and genres until there was a commercial. Leeann...deep county roots with pop undertones. Joss...total British soul sister! It didn't matter...the music just hit me and I smiled...really smiled for the first time all day!!!





In between songs, the two just chatted like good friends...it was awesome!